On 2 July the Nobel Prize Museum opened its doors again.
Like many other museums we have been closed since mid-March but have now opened our doors on Stortorget in Stockholm’s Old Town again.
At the museum you can visit our new mini exhibition Contagious – about viruses, pandemics and Nobel Prizes. In the exhibition we highlight Nobel Prize-awarded researchers who have expanded our knowledge about viruses, mapped our immune system and developed vaccines. We also examine perspectives from Literature and Economics Laureates about the impact of epidemics on life and society. You can also experience the exhibition digitally on our website.
The museum will be open from Thursdays through Sundays between 11.00 and 17.00 until further notice. We will of course take steps to enable visitors to follow the recommendations of the Swedish Public Health Agency, for example on social distancing in the museum.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Steps taken for a safer visit
The Nobel Prize Museum complies with the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
Please keep a 2 meter distance.
Wash your hands.
Visit us only if you feel well.
- Surfaces in the museum are wiped off several times per day.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all pay desks and basins.
We have removed tables and decreased the number of seats in our bistro.
- We are only accepting payment by card.
- We are not currently offering guided tours.
- We are not lending out audio guides. Instead, listen online on your smartphone.
We have removed soft toys and pillows from the children’s play room.
- Only a limited number of visitors are allowed in the museum at the same time.
- Only 4 people may visit the children’s play room at the same time.
- Only 6 people may visit the museum shop at the same time.
- Groups are welcome together with a guide.
- The size of the group must allow for other visitors to keep a two meter distance to the group. Our entrance staff will assess the size of the group, taking into account the number of other visitors in the museum at the time.
Our staff is at your service – let us know if you have any questions!
Follow us on social media
The Nobel Prize official website you find here.